Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008 SO FAR........


We had the best time over New Years celebrating with our dear friends from Selma. Six couples stayed at the beach house with Rosemary. The guys all played golf, the girls shopped, read and hung out. New Year's Eve was spent at our favorite restaurant "Thirty A". Could we all possibly be as old as we look in this picture? Where have the years gone?


While we were at the beach, I got a call from my airplane friend, Delene! Remember the gal I met coming home from Portland...she had never had a mammogram...well, of course by now, she has had that experience but she called to say that she would be in Tampa on business and could we get together for lunch! Of course I said. Here we are doing lunch at The Capital Grill, toasting to our friendship and a great 2008!


The Marshalls (our Barbados hosts) arrived the same day for a quick visit. We have never had a bad time with Don and Cherry...we do everything to excess and pay the price the next day! We shop (she bought 4 pairs of shoes!!), we cook, we drink and we play golf! Yes, I played golf...the first time in almost 2 years. I only made it through 13 holes but I was pleasantly surprised with how I hit the ball. I have to build up my strength so I can play next month in Barbados. Anyway, we had a wonderful, though too short, visit and will see them in paradise in 4 weeks.

Well, that's the cliff notes for the first week of 2008. I have been feeling good with the occasional day of complete exhaustion...I think I just "might" overdo it once in a while...LOL...like trying to take down Christmas all in one day....whoops, that didn't happen...still working on it. Today is my 7th chemo treatment. That means only one more! Time flies when you're having fun.

No comments: